Art, comedy, conspiracy and writing for the delusional.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ultra Lord Lives!

While I'm waiting for this video to upload on YouTube, I should probably let you guys know what, exactly, is being uploaded.

I don't know if you remember the show Jimmy Neutron on Nickelodeon, but there was a character named Sheen, and he had an action figure named (perfectly) Ultra Lord. Ultra Lord also looked like this:

(Picture from cartoons.wikia.com)

Sheen was by far the most interesting character, namely because never before had ADHD and paranoid schizophrenia been at the forefront of childhood entertainment while being handled with such grace and civility - in short, Sheen was a fucking spastic. And, of course, he was the best character in the entire show (I also heard that they made a show with just Sheen in it, and I watched a few episodes but I feel I'm about ten years older than their target demographic).

How does this relate to the YouTube video? Well, Mr. Eager Beaver, I'm getting to that.

I don't know why I began thinking about Jimmy Neutron today, hell, why does anyone think of anything such as pink elephants or the weird shit you've said while walking down the street that you're sure sounds like prophetic gold? No matter how it happened, I began to think about the show again and since today was a boring day here in the city - mainly because of the rain - I decided to tune up/fix/re-do a project that I've been working on for about a year and a half now entitled: Ultra Lord Lives. It's an electronica rock opera about the adventures of Sheen's action figure and his fight with the renegade Admiral Ongar throughout the galaxy. It's a pretty legitimate project now consisting of twelve songs combining to form around forty-four minutes of music.

Yes, I have no life.

I thought the world might enjoy my musical ramblings, so I'm uploading it to YouTube. If there's enough interest, I'll put up all the different parts of the "opera." I hope there is, because there's enough music in that album to make Verdi himself weep - hopefully out of joy.

I'm also getting some stuff in the mail around May 4th that will enable me to post some video gameplay along with some humorous reviews, which I think would be fun.

Anyway, check it out!

Here's the video:


Don't forget to comment and follow! The "follow" button is at the top of the screen.

1 comment:

  1. yes. yes to all of this. ultralord shall nevah fall!

    ReplyDelete